Thanks to the creation of the internet, the music industry has drastically changed over the last few years. Today people can easily download songs or albums with just a click of a button from the comfort of their homes or wherever they are as long as there is internet access. While this has made it easier for fans to discover new artists or listen to new vibes, there’s one important thing that hasn’t changed: Good music is good music. In 2021, Google recorded that Akwa Ibom was the 5th most popular state for music downloads in Nigeria, with only Cross River, Bayelsa, Abia, and Anambra states ranking ahead of it.
The following is a list of songs that were downloaded in Akwa Ibom in 2021. These records are listed according to google trends breakout records, which showed that the search for the song grew by more than 5000%. The majority of these records have also stayed on the international and Nigerian charts for months in the same year.
1. “Peaches” is a song by Canadian singer Justin Bieber, featuring vocals from fellow Canadian singer-songwriter Daniel Caesar and American singer-songwriter Giveon. It was released through Def Jam Recordings on March 19, 2021, as the fifth single from Bieber’s sixth studio album, Justice, along with the album.
“Peaches” debuted atop the Billboard Hot 100, giving Bieber his seventh number-one hit on the chart, while it gave both Caesar and Giveon their first number-one. Elsewhere, the song topped simultaneously both the Billboard Global 200 and Global Excl. U.S., as well as charts in Australia, Canada, Denmark, Ireland, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Singapore and Slovakia. It also peaked within the top ten of the record charts in the United Kingdom and 20 other countries. It received five nominations at the 64th Annual Grammy Awards; Record of the Year, Song of the Year, Best R&B Performance, Best Music Video, and Song of the Year with the most credited co-writers.
- 2. “Pronto” a collaboration between Ajebo Hustlers and Omah Lay, this song was released in February 2021, after their banging tune ”Barawo Remix” on which they featured Nigerian Global musician, OBO known as Davido, which the production credit goes to Talented music producer, 1dan Banton.
3. “Sinner (New Song)” was celebrated Nigerian singer, songwriter, and graphic designer, Adekunle Gold new song in 2021. It featured Lucky Daye, an American singer.
Adekunle Gold is one of the Nigerian singers his versatility is something to reckon on. In the year 2020, he dropped an impressive studio project tagged “Afro Pop Vol. 1” which houses 10 songs, featuring Tekno, Patoranking and many other superstars, in the album, you will see one of his biggest hit tagged “Some Different”.
4. American singer and songwriter, David Bowden, known professionally as Pink Sweats came through with the remix of “At My Worst”. On this remix, he collaborated with American singer and songwriter, Kehlani Ashley Parrish.
However, the song was officially released on January 27, 2021, and was produced by John Hill & Pink Sweat$.
5. In January 2021, Nigerian talented female singer and Dr. Dolor Entertainment first lady released another impressive record titled, “Injure Me“ and like most of her other songs it became an instant hit.
6. “Cho Cho” was another smashed-out non-stop jam released by Multi-talented Nigerian singer and songwriter Zlatan Ibile in collaboration with DMW president, Davido and Mayorkun.
7. “Holy Father” this wonderful club number delivered by Afropop sensational singer, Mayorkun in collation with Victony was one of the hottest vibes on the lips of most Nigerians in 2021.
8.“Beyond Me” was released as a single by Nigerian Christian/Gospel Artiste Yadah, this was one of the most powerful songs that uplifted a lot of spirits in 2021.
9. “Celebrate Me” is a song that calls on people to give you all your necessary accolades when you still breathing and not when you die they started showing their true colors.
This was Patoranking‘s first song of the year, an amazing tune that will forever remain on 2021 playlist for most Akwa Ibomites.
10.“Jehovah Overdo” is a mellow groovy song of praise that testifies to God’s great works in our lives. The song is written & inspired by the Holy spirit and personal life experiences. It was sung with befitting passion by CHIDINMA. It was the second most downloaded gospel song in Akwa Ibom in 2021,