الرئيسيةNews'Devasted' Former Planet FM Staff Accuses Akwa Ibom Government of Insensitivity...

‘Devasted’ Former Planet FM Staff Accuses Akwa Ibom Government of Insensitivity Over Abandoned Road

On Wednesday, Oto-bong Billy, the former Head of News and Program Producer at Planet Radio 101.1 Fm Uyo, accused the Government of Akwa Ibom of blatant insensitivity to the condition of inhabitants of Ikot Ikor village in the Uyo Capital City over the abandonment of a road project in the community.

In a Facebook post shared with the state Commissioner of Information, Comrade Ini Ememobong, the News Editor complained that she was a victim of government or contractor insensitivity because the State Government and its contractor were causing her and other residents pain by abandoning the project and making the road inaccessible for over 3 months now.

She bemoaned the fact that the road was built and then halted immediately after a church, and that the remaining portion of the road seemed to be no one’s concern because the contractor, whom she identified as JOE DEEN and she also alleged belonged to the owner of the church has left the project without explaining the reasons to anyone.

Otobong said: “This is Ikot Ikor in Ibesikpo Asutan Local Government Area, just after Ikot Akpan Abia where a road construction contract is said to have been given to a popular man of God who runs a church at Mbierebe Obio. The construction was done and stopped just after his church and the remaining part of the road seems to be no one’s business anymore as the contractor- JOE DEEN (I don’t know if that’s the correct spelling) has abandoned the project, reasons best known to them.”

Video of the abandoned road in Ikot Ikor, Ibesikpo Local Government

In a video she shared alongside her post, she said lamented that she and other tenants of the property have been unable to enter the house from the gate for the past three months since the rains began, but have had to pass through the bush before jumping over the fence.

” Now this is my compound in the video below, for the past 3 months since the rain started, we can’t access our house from this gate, we had to pass through the Bush from behind, jump through the fence and enter the house so we had to break the fence and create an emergency exit (how sad).

“We don’t drive anywhere close to the house and all car owners park somewhere very far and anything that happens to your car is at your own risk.

“My old mom has tripped and fallen one time like that, thank goodness she did not hit her head. Not just her, many people have been injured including school children who have to walk by the tall gutters to escape the flood.

According to Oto-bong, she had no choice but to come out to social media and cry her heart out. That before coming out on social media, residents of the area had also called out to the Man of God, and she has also brought their predicament to the attention of the Commissioner for Works and Fire Service, Prof Eno Ibanga. However, they had been waiting for a long period with no results.

She called on sympathizers to contact the government and ask that the contractor returns to the site, stating that it was callous and unjust that neither the government nor the contractor cared that water leaks into people’s homes when it rains.

ترك الرد

من فضلك ادخل تعليقك
من فضلك ادخل اسمك هنا

Must Read